Tony Brown is a, storyteller, drummer, Banjo player, speaker, a coach, and Certified Coach Facilitator. Tony works with children and adults whether it's telling stories or facilitating workshops, he has an amazing ability to create an environment for growth and development while being entertaining and having a lot of fun.
His passion is in creating positive and heart driven situations for his audiences to enjoy. And he believes that storytelling can inspire, confirm, engage the imagination, as well as enhance listening skills for both children and adults. Storytelling is also great to plant seeds for moral and value expansion.
Tony Brown has graced many stages whether storytelling or drumming such as:
- Illinois Storytelling Festival - - Spring Grove, IL
- Northern Indiana Arts Association - - Munster, Indiana
- F.A.M.E. Festival - - Merrillville, Indiana
- The DuSable Museum of African American History - - Chicago, IL
- Reavis Elementary School - - Lansing, IL
- Unity of Oak Park -- Oak Park, IL
- The Woodlawn Organization -- Chicago, IL
- YMCA of the USA -- Chicago, IL
- Printers Row Book Fair -- Chicago, IL
For additional Information:
In the original Oral Tradition, a new rhythm for Storytelling.
Tony Brown, Your Storyteller
7115 W. North Ave., PMB # 257
Oak Park, IL 60302
E-mail - YourFavoriteStorytellers.org
If you're looking to bring a new rhythm to storytelling for your head start center, elementary school, middle school, high school, art associations, museums, university, colleges, churches, libraries, corporations and community centers. His programs can be custom designed to meet your needs and themes.
NABS - The National Association of Black Storytellers
Ase: The Chicago Association of Black Storytellers
Your Favorite Storytellers Foundation, Inc.
The Chicago Storytelling Guild
National Storytelling Network